Thursday 22 December 2011

Two sleeps 'til Santa

I was all prepared for a bout of mince pie making this week. I thought it'd be a lovely idea to do some home baking with Sophia. My husband however, pointed out the boxes of pies in our kitchen cupboards.

"I really don't think we need any more." He said.

"Alright then," I chirped. "I'll make a cake for Christmas Day instead."

"Errr, no." My husband replied. "We've got too much to eat as it is, what with the dinner and Christmas pud and these mince pies. If you'd have told me sooner, I wouldn't have bought so much."

So there we are. No home baking this year. But, I'll let it pass. Just for this year. 

There are a couple of reasons for this. Firstly, I am in charge of cooking the Christmas dinner. I am very excited about this fact, not least because we'll be eating in our new dining room this year. The second reason for not throwing all my toys out of the pram at the lack of home baking is that we've done something this year that we've never done before. A second Christmas tree.

Apparently one is no longer enough. My husband came home with it the other day and it's now standing tall and proud in our dining room.

I have to admit, it does look nice to have a tree where we'll be enjoying (or at the very least tolerating) Christmas dinner, while our main tree continues to reside in our living room.
Dexter especially likes the new tree. He's captivated by the branches and is forever trying to crawl around its base. The strange thing is he's not interested in our main tree whatsoever. Children, eh?

How many trees do you have at Christmas? Do you think one is enough or do you like having them in different areas of the house? Do you prefer wall or ceiling hung decorations to filling your house with trees?

With only two more sleeps until Christmas Eve, here's one of my favourite Christmas songs. If this doesn't get you up dancing I don't what will!


Share this

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...