Friday 16 December 2011

Eight sleeps 'til Santa

This time last year, we were knee deep in snow.  Actually, scratch that.  At this time over the last two years, we have had snow.  And not just any snow; the type of snow that would grind the country to a halt (and did).

But where is it this year?  I've heard on the grapevine that it might be approaching and I'm hoping that it is.  Sophia has had the joy of experiencing sledge-rides and snowmen every Christmas since she's been born.
 
 
It seems a shame that she may not get to do the same this year.  And, of course, it seems a bit mean that Dexter will miss out (even if he is too young to ever remember it).

I'm sharing Bing Crosby's sentiment.  He's dreaming of a white Christmas...and so am I.



Post update: Not long after publishing this post, it started snowing!  My Christmas wish has come true!  I feel like a small child, excitedly staring out of the window watching the small white flakes flutter to the ground.  I hope it sticks around.  We'll be making snowballs (and hopefully a snowman) later if it does.  I'm off to wake the children so we can get excited together...

Share this

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...