Saturday 17 December 2011

Seven sleeps 'til Santa

Yesterday, the most amazing thing happened.  I published a post about wishing for snow.  Now that's not amazing in itself, granted.  But then, literally no more than ten minutes later, it actually started snowing!  Someone important obviously read my blog post, sensed my desperation and decided to grant my wish - thank you!

Unfortunately, the snow didn't stick and, around midday, stopped falling altogether.  Mind you, I have been told in no uncertain terms by my husband that I need to stop wishing for snow, especially as he has to drive into London for work purposes four or five times between now and Christmas Day.  It's a fair point I suppose...


But, I can't help it.  Snow really puts me in the festive mood,  It always has done.  For me, it's very definitely Christmas-time when the snow arrives.  There's something special about it; in a way it adds to the excitement and mythology that surrounds this time of year,


Even though the snow didn't stick around, I still know it's now well and truly Christmas.  So, to celebrate, here's one of my all-time favourite Christmas songs.  Let the excitement commence...



Share this

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...