Wednesday 30 November 2011

My Kate Winslet/Gwyneth Paltrow moment

"Oh my God, I can't believe it...I didn't think I was going to win anything! Okay...Oh look, I really did win it! Oh gosh, okay. Thank you so much. Thank you so so much."
- Excerpt from Kate Winslet's Emmy speech, 2011

"I would like to thank the Academy from the bottom of my heart..."
- Excerpt from Gwyneth Paltrow's Academy Award speech, 1999

Don't you just love awards? I do...I've won one! 

I have finally got to experience my own Kate Winslet / Gwyneth Paltrow moment. I have had an award bestowed upon me from the fabulous bloggers, Mother Venting, From Fun to Mum and More Than a Mum Blog. Thank you so so much for this award *blub*.

So what did I win - a shiny trophy? A large pile of prize money? Some sort of high-cost, luxury prize? 

No. I have won the right to display this picture...


... and tell you seven secrets about myself *gulp*. Suddenly I'm not quite so thankful for this award after all.

So which seven secrets about myself shall I divulge? Here goes...

1) I once cut my own fringe. Just the once, when I was at school. I did it far too short and it went a bit spiky (not a good look). Thankfully, I do not have a photo although I'm sure my parents will find one eventually and post it on facebook.

2) I am incapable of drawing straight lines. My fringe-tastrophe confirmed this for me, so goodness knows why, so many years on, I thought it'd be a good idea to cut my little girl's hair. I now make sure she now goes to the hairdressers on a regular basis.

3) I think The Beatles are over-rated *ducks down and runs for cover*. Sorry, I just can't take a band who came up with 'Yellow Submarine' that seriously.

4) This might sound strange but I have to make sure that the toilet roll is hanging from the bathroom holder in the right direction. By 'right direction' I do, of course, mean when the loose flap of tissue faces outwards and not towards the wall. It doesn't matter where I am, if I see the toilet roll hanging the wrong way round, I have to change it. I've heard Cliff Richard does the same.

5) My smart-phone is slowly taking over my life.

6) I don't like how I look. That might sound a bit strong, but I can be very critical of myself and my appearance. My nose is too flat in one place, my chin goes weirdly red whenever it feels like it, I have bags under my eyes, my smile is wonky - I am not photogenic in the slightest. Any photos in which I appear have most probably involved considerable work to make sure I look half-way normal.

7) I have a love of exclamation marks! It's true!! I didn't realise it until I started this blog but, if I'm not careful, they could quite easily take over a post!!! Can you believe it?!!!!

So there you go, seven of my deepest, darkest secrets (well, kind of). I'm supposed to pass this award onto 10-15 other bloggers so, I'm handing the baton over to:
Sorry if you've been tagged already. If you haven't, what skeletons are in your closet? Will you dare to share?

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for nominating me for this award also. I can't draw straight lines either. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Post, I love the Beatles so you lose me on that, but, like you, I am also a fan of exclamation marks, they are the essence of writing if you ask me. So here they go, Well Done for your award !!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like my loo roll the other way and also love exclamation marks!!!!! Will divulge my secrets later in the week ......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this and particulalry like your 'acceptance' speech! Don't believe you for a moment about your appearance - I find people's faces fascinating and can honestly find something beaurtiful in everyone! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the award tag! I also love exclamation marks but thought I was alone!!
    Also in the "Beatles are over-rated camp"!! I also add Madonna and Kylie to that list.

    Posting this on my Smart Phone ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're so welcome!!!! You thoroughly deserve this award!!!!! And thanks for sharing those secrets, I'm sure we can get something a bit more salacious out of you at some point!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You know that these exclamation marks are JUST FOR YOU, yeah?!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. The loo roll has to be the same way around as you have it, I love my smartphone but I'm a bigger fan of (brackets) - congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think The Beatles are overrated too, but I much prefer semi colons to exclamation marks. You've got me worried about my loo rolls...

    ReplyDelete
  9. hehe this made me giggle! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow you sound remarkably like me! All apart from the fringe thing, with me it was eyebrows - don't ask why, I do not know! And I had a school photo taken too, all copies of which oddly disappeared (magically landed in the bin)! Fabulous award =)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts and views so please feel free to post a comment

Share this

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...