Friday 17 August 2012

Our London 2012 Olympic Adventure

It was exactly three weeks ago that the best thing in years to happen to London - heck, this country - began. 

I am, of course, talking about the London 2012 Olympics - what else could I possibly be referring to??!

Living so close to the whole extravaganza and knowing that this is likely to be a once in a lifetime event, my husband and I were desperate to see some events (and I don't mean on a TV screen).  We were fortunate to get some tickets in the ballot and, thanks to some frantic activity on the London 2012 website, we managed to secure some last minute tickets too.  All in all, we were lucky enough to see some volleyball and tennis (I've already written about how this was the worst day of my husband's life), some athletics and then the Closing Ceremony too.

All of the Team GB athletes were amazing (as were the other competitors) and I truly believe that they did this country proud regardless of whether or not they came away with a medal.  True Olympians.

I still feel so honoured that I got the opportunity to watch them perform and be there for the 'greatest after-party every'.  Here, in a nutshell, are the highlights of our London 2012 Olympic adventure.

 

To paraphrase Lord Coe, we did it.  And we did it right!

2 comments:

  1. I'm quite jealous - we failed to get any tickets in the ballot and I then arranged a two and a half week holiday in Europe during most of the Olympics ... but would have love to have seen it . Glad you had such fun! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing lifetime experience and something to imprees people with for years, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts and views so please feel free to post a comment

Share this

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...