Sunday 1 April 2012

Review - Hotel Chocolat Easter Egg

I had a rather lovely surprise package arrive in the post towards the end of last week:  A Hotel Chocolat Rocky Road to Caramel Extra Thick Easter Egg.

With Easter Sunday only one week away, I thought it only right and proper to devour the whole thing - all in the name of research you understand - so that I could let you know what it's like, just in case you were thinking about buying one to treat yourself your other half.  Oh, the things I do for you...

The Hotel Chocolat website says this egg is "cast in our mellow 40% milk chocolate, with one half-shell studded with crispy puffed rice, cookies and chocolate chunks.  The other half-shell with a layer of caramel chocolate over a base of milk chocolate.  And inside the dreaminess continues – with praline with cookies, liquid caramel and silky smooth milk chocolate ganache along with solid bunnies and chicks cast in milk and caramel chocolate and more."

Sounds exquisite, but what is it really like?  Come and find out...

 
The Rocky Road to Caramel Extra Thick Easter Egg from Hotel Chocolat, which includes the two extra thick chocolate eggshells and a host of smaller chocolates, retails for £26.00.  You can find more information, as well as a wide variety of Easter eggs and chocolate, on the Hotel Chocolat website.
 
Please note: I was given the product for free in return for this review.

8 comments:

  1. I'm sure my other half would love that but it's a bit pricey for an easter egg lol xx

    http://confessionsofasecretshopper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have tagged you in a meme from somebody who is looking for new blogs to read. http://fun-as-a-gran.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/help-i-am-blogger-meme.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that looks like the mother of all easter eggs! Hotel chocolate is quite expensive but I have bought/received some great gifts from their shop and this egg looks like it is just as fabulous! 
    Aimee x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree it's a bit expensive. If I was buying an Easter egg, I probably wouldn't spend this much money (although maybe I would now because, as a mum, it's nice to get pampered once in a while!). However, I can attest to the fact that this egg is very luxurious and it's managed to last for just over a week now and that's very good going in my house!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, I'll take a look. Have a few memes I need to do so I may be some time... x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I fell in love with Hotel Chocolat when I first visited one of their stores and they were handing out free samples of chocolate - wonderful! I really didn't think this egg would contain so much chocolate but it does. The eggshells may not be massively thick all the way round but it's still difficult to break them apart!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks fantastic! Well done with your video.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you. I'm lucky in that my little girl seems to be a natural!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts and views so please feel free to post a comment

Share this

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...