Friday 17 February 2012

Work, motherhood and a Domestic Goddesque

Today I have the pleasure of guest posting over at Domestic Goddesque.  Kelly, the blog's author, has very kindly been featuring a number of bloggers on her blog this week and today is my turn.

My post, Working parent, better mother? is asking whether or not I might actually be a better mum now that I'm back at work.  Before you head on over there, I want to be really clear about a couple of things:
  1. My post is not about whether working mums are better than stay at home mums or vice versa. 
  2. It is not about whether working mums appreciate their children more than stay at home mums or vice versa. 
I wouldn't dream of making any outrageous assumptions like that.  I think that as long as we're all doing the best we can, that is more than good enough and no-one has the right to judge anyone else.

No, my post is about me.  Just me.  I'm asking if I - and I alone - might be better as a working mum rather than a stay at home one.  It's a desperate question really - I'd love to be at home with the children all day every day but there are (mostly financial) reasons why I can't so I'm trying to find some sort of positive angle to having to go back to work full-time.

Now we've got that straight I'd love for you to head over to see Domestic Goddesque, give my post a read and tell me what you think.

Share this

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...