In celebration of the blood, sweat and tears that mothers invest in raising their children, I'm giving away a personalised letterbox cake from Baker Days. The lucky winner will be able to pick from the whole range of letterbox cakes available (they cater for all occasions). But, if you want a cake for Mothers Day - either for yourself or for your mum or mother-in-law - then you should receive it in time.
I was also given the chance to review one of these cakes, so can testify as to what they're like. Having a husband who tries to rebel against national 'days' ("why should I spend three times as much on some flowers for one particular day when I can buy you some any time I like?" he huffs. I suppose he has a point), I ordered my own Mothers Day cake. Although I didn't place my order through the website, I tried it out and found it easy to use. Personalising the cake was easy and you also get to choose the cake's recipe (sponge, fruit, carrot etc.). All of those apart from the sponge cost a little extra.
I ordered my cake in the morning and it arrived the next day. The letterbox cake is a small-ish cake (approx. 4 portions) and is designed to be posted through your letterbox - a convenient method of delivery, especially for all us working parents out there who will be out during the day. Unfortunately, I have a postbox rather than a letterbox and the package didn't quite fit. Thankfully, my husband was at home and took it in.
The cake comes in its own petite cake tin and then wrapped in a stiff cardboard box to protect it during delivery. Mine arrived in near perfect condition and looked dainty but delicious! I had ordered a fruit cake and, on cutting the cake open, was surprised (and happy) to see it was moist and full of fruit. It tasted absolutely delicious too.
So, now to the giveaway. To be in with a chance of winning your very own personalised letterbox cake from Baker Days, leave me a comment below telling me what your dream cake would be. Yes, it's that simple!
For extra entries, you can also:
- Follow Baker Days on Twitter
- Like Baker Days on Facebook
- Like Chez Mummy on Facebook
- Tweet the following "Fancy winning a personalised @Bakerdays letterbox cake for #MothersDay? Enter @Chez_Mummy's giveaway now! http://www.chezmummy.com/2013/03/win-personalised-bakers-day-cake-review-and-giveaway.html #giveaway"
For each extra entry, please leave a separate comment to tell me that you've done them (I will be checking!). Otherwise, they will not be counted.
Terms and conditions
- The prize is for one person to win one personalised letterbox cake from Baker Days.
- The giveaway ends at midnight (GMT) on Tuesday 5 March 2013. The winner will be selected at random and contacted on Wednesday 6 March 2013. If a winner does not respond within 24 hours, a new winner will be chosen.
- It is open to UK residents only.
- The winner must agree to tweeting Baker Days with a picture of their cake and post a picture of their cake onto the Baker Days Facebook page.
- It will be the responsibility of Baker Days to issue the prize to the winner, not Chez Mummy. Chez Mummy will not be held liable for any issues regarding the distribution of the prizes.