Wednesday 16 January 2013

(Recipe) The world's quickest and easiest homemade snack

I have a confession to make; I'm not the most experimental when it comes to food.  If I'm making a meal I stick religiously to a recipe, worried that if I veer off course from those strict instructions, the dish will end up as a disaster.

But, I received a cookbook for Christmas with an unbelievable receipe inside; one that not even I could balls up if I tried to adapt it.  So that's what I've done.  Here's a recipe for what must be one of the world's quickest and easiest recipes for a delicious and tasty lunchtime snack.

What you will need:

  • Ham (as much as you want) 
  • Two slices of bread 
  • Butter 

What you need to do

  • Butter one side of each slice of bread.  Be careful not to over-butter them. 
  • Place ham on top of one slice of bread.  You can use any type of ham you please.  For the purposes of this recipe, I've used leftover cooked ham but you can use pre-sliced ham from the supermarket or, if you're feeling posh, parma ham. 
  • Place the second slice of bread on top of the ham, making sure the buttered side is placed directly onto the ham.  Press down firmly. 
  • Cut into segments. 



Want to mix it up a bit? 

Substitute the ham for another filling like cheese, chicken, beef etc.  You can be as creative as you like!  You might even want to take a walk on the wild slice and combine fillings.

Ta-dah!



Please note: This is an actual recipe from a cookbook I received for Christmas.  I have modified the recipe a little but it is essentially the same (well how many ways are there to make a sandwich?!).  And no, the cookbook wasn't written by Pippa Middleton!

Share this

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...