Sunday 8 July 2012

A Birthday Meme

The lovely Susan K Mann tagged me back in March to do an "On My Birthday" meme.  At the time I toyed with the idea of doing it for Dexter's birthday but then time passed and now it's July - oops!  Thankfully my birthday is this month so I can still join in and pretend that I left it this late on purpose so as not to feel like a total and utter failure. 

The rules are that I have to answer some set questions about my very own birthday so, without further ado, here goes...

When's your birthday?
This month.  Sorry, but I'm keeping it vague on purpose to stop naughty vagabonds stealing my details and emptying my bank account (not that there's much money in it!).

Pick three people who share your birthday and share what you know about them
Loads of people have been born on my birthday.  But, ever the rebel, I'm only going to let you know about two of them,  Don't worry though, it is an awesome fact - it's my mother and grandfather!  That's right, three generations of one family all with the same birthday.  Oh yes, and my nephew was very nearly born on my birthday too but he decided on being fashionably late and arrive the following day.

Is anyone listed as being born on the same day and the same year as you (i.e. 1974)?  If so, what do you know about them?
Listed where?  The phonebook?   My mum and Grandad are both in there so does that count?  

List three people who died on your birthday and tell us what you know about them
A tad gruesome but whatever floats your boat.  In all seriousness there have been too many people who have died during July over the years.  Especially all those who were caught up in the 7/7 London bombings in 2005 and were sadly killed.

List three notable events that took place on your birthday
Easy, my grandfather was born and then, many years later, my mother was born.  Twenty-odd years after that, I entered the world.  I mean, how much more notable can you get??

Tell us about a holiday that falls on your birthday
This isn't a holiday but it should be - July is National Ice Cream Month over in the U.S.  Cool, huh?

So, that's it.  Everything you ever wanted to know (or not) about my birthday (sort of).  This meme was originally started by Kate from The Five F's blog who's trying to get as many bloggers as possible to link up to her birthday meme blog post so that she eventually gets a person who was born on all 366 days of this year. 

I'm now officially supposed to tag some fellow bloggers to carry on the meme but I feel a bit silly about doing that since I was tagged so long ago.   If you want to have a go at this though and link up to Kate's blog, feel free.  If you click on the badge below it'll take you to Kate's page where you can link up and read everyone else's birthday posts.

3 comments:

  1. didn't know that July was ice cream month! I'm a July baby and love ice cream, so it figures :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you ever needed an excuse to fill up on ice cream (not that I ever needed one) then this is it! If only the summer would turn up...

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's really cool blog. Linking is very useful thing.you have really helped Birthday meme

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts and views so please feel free to post a comment

Share this

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...